/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ */

Sunday, August 22, 2004

Doubleplus Ungood Excrescence (Bonus Entry #02)

There is a significant symbol buried in the fact that I finished reading Stephen King's Misery today; I'm sure if I thought long and hard--or even short and light--on the matter, I could shape some clever axiom around the whole thing.

Yeah, but I don't care enough now to do that; instead, here is another real-time entry . . . Misery merits a 4% Failure Rating, by the by--pleasurable read, and stinginly autobiographical I'm wagering. It was an interesting look into a writer's mind in an excruciatingly horrible scenario, if nothing else. King likes making his main characters writers, if you notice: i.e. The Shining and The Secret Window. I can appreciate that.

So, tomorrow marks the first day of classes for the Fall semester of 2004 at CNU; also, it marks the day I return to being a deskmonkey in IT Services and no longer am directly involved in move-in efforts. Imagine, if you will, a thousand naked leprechauns dancing Irish jigs in a deep green meadow, and that about sums up my feelings on that.
Customer service makes me twitch.
Twitch.

I figured I would commemorate this day with a special bonus entry, but I didn't think through it all the way; namely, I didn't come up with what to write about. My neck hurts.

I guess I should just call this quits, then.
Adios.5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home