/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ */

Wednesday, August 07, 2002

A Shift in Operation


No, that doesn't mean you just screwed up at your game of Operation and couldn't get the funny bone out so you lit up the guy's fat, red nose and made the buzzer go off. That means that I am changing how I'm doing things on this little Blog o' mine.
Firstly, though... Hi, everybody! (Background audience: Hi, Doctor Nick!) I'm not dead, yet, but I am swamped with work to do which is taking precedence over me writing here. I've already wasted an entire entry blathering on about what I have in stock to do, so I'll just leave it at "I have stuff to do." I'm not really back, either.
I've decided to change how I do this. Instead of doing this at a whim, breaking open Corel Wordperfect and knocking something out as it comes to mind, then posting it immediately to the site, I'm going to not post immediately. I'm going to write stuff that I intend to post here, and save it to disk for later. What does this mean for you, the rare breed of human beings who reads this rambling hunk of psuedointelligible literature? Well, it means entries on a more regular basis. It, also, means there will be nothing here for probably a month or two as I gather together a sufficient enough backlog of material to post. Whenever I start posting, though, you will notice one subtle different: There will be two dates. One will, of course, be the date I hit the "Post & Publish" button on the Blogger update site. The second, though, will be the date and time I actually wrote the entry on. I'm assuming since you read this that you're smart enough not to be confused by this. Wait, no, it's not right to discriminate in a negative fashion, so I suppose that it's not right to do it positively, either. So, for all you dumb people who read this . . . Excuse me, "mentally challenged" . . . Get used to it.
How this affect the actual entries themselves, though, C. Jay? Well, I'm glad you, where you is in this case my imaginary audience who is questioning me as I stand on an imaginary stage and answer imaginary questions asked by imaginary people in my imagination, asked that. Not much, truth be told. I will still slap down an entry as it comes to my head, it just means that I won't be posting it right off the bat. It does mean that entries will probably be read over more than once, more than even twice, before posting, so there is bound to be less grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, I'd hope. How will I decide what to post and when? I'm not sure yet, I'm thinking of posting on Mondays and Fridays, to spread out entries and place them kind of like bookends for the week. What will I post? You, most likely, won't see any incredibly long ones like the last one I did, which consisted of what I'd probably separate into two different posts. I'm not limiting it to one review per Blog, but if I write a significantly long one, say a page or more, then that'll be one entry. You'll still see me getting up on my little imaginary soap box to write what I hope to be though-provoking and mentally-stimulating, informal essays, too. Since I am going to be more selective and organised in how I post, you may see a more regular rotation of review or other form of easy-to-write content and the harder, more thought-out content, as in, perhaps, a review on Monday and informal essay on Friday. An idea just popped into my head to have a third day of posting where I use those short, mostly inside jokes to be filler, too. Perhaps have that on Wednesdays... I don't know, everything is in the planning stage and I'm not, honestly, too preoccupied with pouring myself over how to do this.
Welp, I've wrote and wrote as though anyone actually cares about this thing and reads it on a regular basis, so now would be a good time to st–

Adios, hasta proximo tiempo, which may be awhile.

Currently Playing Song: Oddly enough, I'm not listening to any music.
Quote of the Moment: "Who am I?" - Matt Damon as Jason Bourne in The Bourne Identity. "Who am I? - Rei Ayanami from Neon Genesis Evangelion. "Who am I?" Lain from Serial Experiments Lain. "Where am I?" - Waldo from Where's Waldo?