/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ */

Monday, April 29, 2002

No Sanctity Here

Whether through indoctrination from birth or some self-motivation declaration, the majority of the human population proclaim faith in one god or another, a divine incarnation, a supernatural belief of some sizeless shape. While conversing with a friend on the bare surface of ideas of mysticism and magicks, it occurred to me that I, really, was devoid of any faith at all. To quote myself: "I'm fully willing to believe it, because the basis of my belief is that I don't believe in anything." Immediately after saying that, I realised that sounded like I was an athiest or agnostic; however, I don't subscribe to the utter and total denial of any supernatural or divine precense or existences. If anything is correct, I'm an agnostic, because I do not believe that it is possible to know if there is anything more there or not. I strongly lean towards the school of religion that indicates there is more to the universe than science and human fact, though. The bane of my life has always been the subject of physics, for I detest physics and see it as nothing more than humanity desperately piecing together subjective and flimsy theories to explain the inexplicable, and apply to palpable and very real aspects of the universe while confound us. I'm not saying, by any means, that there isn't a force which keeps us from flying out into the cold oblivion, but I am hardly satisfied with the idea of gravity, a force, where a force is mass multipled by acceleration, all mathematics created by humans in the first place. It all comes across as silly, watered- and dumbed-down explanations made for the sole purpose of satiating the condition known as curiosity and the torturous state of entire unknowing. Mathematics, at least, are not pretending to be laws and rules of existence, but, rather, a way to better understand the workings of the world and our slice of reality. Skipping off of that tangent and back to my main point, however, I do not see how someone can prove or disprove God or divinity, so I nod and concede that, in all possibility, there is some corporeal or incorporeal diety watching us from a cloud, or mountain, or Heaven, or whatever mythos one chooses to accept. I find it fruitless to argue faith and religion and theology, which I still end up doing, way too much, with people. In my own logic and mentality, there must be something to an ideal which, seemingly, spontaneously came to, basically, every culture and civilization to arise, independently, over the duration we, as a race, have dwelled on this rock. So, there could or couldn't be a God, or a Son of God, or a state of being where all is one and one is all, for all I know, let alone care. To me, it's a semi-disturbing and strange foundation to base one's belief system on, one of simply being unable to know or be certain of anything; still, that is how I think, or, maybe, how I don't think. But, that's not interesting enough to merit any more speculation and wasteful rambling than this amount, right here.
My previous entry, "Art: Force-Fed Expression?", isn't done, yet, as implied by the footnote promising continuation, just not now. More writing on it was superceded by that enlightenment. Or, should I call it a conversion? Or, perhaps, a revelation? A witnessing? Shrug.

Adios.

Currently Playing Song: Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts - Don't Bother None (Ah, the irony)
Quote of the Moment: "God is dead." - Nietche "Nietche is dead." - God "Nietche is God." - Dead (Lame, lame, lame sequence of quotes that need to be executed, but, instead, I further advocate their circulation.)