/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ */

Wednesday, April 17, 2002

First, above and beyond the necessity of anything else, this task must be completed, for it is one of great importance, one of such huge and monumental significance that mere words can not ever dream to convey the sheer magnitude of the implications and ramifications carried through this message which simply must be heard, which must be said emphatically and with a degree of respect and dignity rarely bestowed upon any mortal ilk... *cough* *clear throat* *cough* *shift collar* *cough* *clear throat, again* Ahem:
"I am old... Old beyond my days... Much like one who has... Lived for a very long time... A time which stretches over... Measurements of time extending many years, consisting of... Many months... And... Many days... Many days, containing many... Minutes... Which hold within them... A large number of seconds... I had a wife, once, but she is dead, now... She was too old... "
Okay, I just had to get that one out of my system. For those of you outside of the sphere of knowledge, that would be a reoccuring, pointless inside joke developed between me and a friend that has expanded to include all I know; one which is simply too fun to build upon and make larger to resist doing exactly thus. I can, literally, ramble on in a silly, geezer voice for five minutes about nothing, in the same manner as above, upon request. The inspiration for that struck me when I was watching Gladiator with aforementioned friend, and the very first instance of the elderly Emperor's appearance, where he just silently walks along in a cloak and hood, elicited a simple, short sentence, "I am old," in a strained, raspy, old man voice from me. Yes, it'd be best to be content not to ask, usually, with anything involving... Erm... me, in general.
Well, that was part of that lengthy message I wrote Sunday morning and lost. I will, most likely, complete the rest of that tangent another day, in its entirety. This was the light-hearted introduction to the message, whereas the remainder is me drawing out issues and points in a less happy manner. Well, this installment has already been stretched out to a duration too long, so I'll stop while I'm ahead.

Adios.

Currently Playing Song: Soundgarden - Let Me Drown
Quote of the Moment: "Urge to kill... Rising." - Black Mage, "8-Bit Theatre."