/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ */

Friday, October 21, 2005

The Most Awesome Idea of the Day

   I am a rather olfactory-centric type of guy. Blame it on the horrible vision slash blindness, but I follow my nose (yet I find Froot Loops to be mediocre, at best). I love pleasant smells, I find them invigorating and enjoyable. Some people smile when they see a butterfly land on a puppy's nose—I'm standing ten feet away and I can't see it, so I mostly am thinking that puppies smell bad. 'Cause they do. Seriously . . . Wash your puppies with regularity, people with puppies . . . Puppy-people.
   Anyway, the point is that I love . . . Love . . . Good smells. I hate mint because it smells too strongly, stinging my nostrils . . . A friend once pointed out to me that the actual flavor of mint is activated by the smell of it, which probably explains why, to me, mint tastes like burning: not fiery or hot, mind you, but like the concept of burning, the very idea of it. Instead, I love the subtle wafting smells of baked goods, breads or pastries, or earthen odours of grass, dirt, leaves, bark, trees, sap.
   I also like the smell of gasoline, and I don't know why. (Note: Huffing gasoline is bad, kids.)

   So, the most awesome idea of the day is the one had by whoever decided that shampoos, conditions, body oils, body washes, colognes, perfumes, soaps, and so forth should smell like delicious foodstuffs. Oh my fucking God, I can not describe how much I love the smell of coconut butter or french vanilla. And people are walking around wearing these smells . . . For no good reason. I wholly endorse this practice, with the entirety of my being.
   Some girl walked up to the window of where I work and she smelled strongly like white chocolate, and for a brief moment that woman was the most desireable being in existence to me. It's kinda creepy, I know, but on a basic level, I wanted to consume her being, her sweet, chocolate-scented being. Devour her delicious soul, mmm.

   I am a strange man, but I really just wanted to devote an entry to this idea, to hair that smells like honey and lavender, or skin that smells like caramel or whatever. It's the best thing ever, today, so far as I'm concerned.
   In all seriousness, I instantly became hungry after this girl walked up.

[fin]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home