/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ */

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Unnecessarily Untitled

i drank my soda on the terrace
       as the birds flew overhead
such grace
and to myself I said:

"Can you smell the Autumn, that
  Falls upon this Earth so divinely?
Can you smell the soil and leaves, as
  It all decomposes so beautifully?"

the sun sank behind the west
       behind my wall of silence
i raged
against every injustice I felt--

"God, don't you hear
  My prayers, to see
As the rest? And be
  average."

       the night is my blanket
       in its darkness i am comforted
       against the unbearable light
       of that God damn sun

       the night is my haven
       away from the reality of day
       and the red tint of my
       pitiful little prison

so i write and sip my soda
       a contrived little diddy
about how
it sure sucks to me:

"Wah, wah, God
  fucking Damn, wah."