/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ */

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

The Most Absurd Moment of the Day

Alright, so . . . There was just a commercial. This commercial was an advert for Cotex; no big deal, right? Feminine products do not equal crazy.
Except . . . This was Cotex: Lightly Scented, Thin Layer. Thin layer does not, in fact, bother or surprise me; after all, if I were to have internal genitalia and a necessity to stick cloth products in there, I would appreciate thinness.
Let me, however, bring attention to the former descriptor of said Cotex — Lightly Scented. There is a light scent; moreover, it is, as the commercial clarified so considerately for me (the inquisitive viewer), a "natural fragrance."
. . .
I feel as though a second pregnant pause will only help convey the hesitancy to grasp this premise, here.
. . .
Ahem. Cotex . . . plus natural fragrance. So, a part of my mind (the part that has not, by now, shut itself down in self-defense) asks, "Cory, what is the natural scent of a Cotex pad?" Then, my conscious mind, who never knows when to shut up, responds: "Why, I believe that would be vagina."
"How do they synthesize the scent of vagina? Do they jar it? Have little bottles labeled 'Fresh Vagina' sitting on shelves? Do they all smell the same?""Shut up, brain."
"Okay, Cory."

That is More than Enough; Thank You.

[Editor's Note: Another old post drafted way back in August, but still very relevant . . . And the question still remains unanswered.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home