/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ */

Friday, December 19, 2003

Concerto in Concern


Inbetween the velvet, black sheets of blanketed shame,
You whispered in my ear what brought you the greatest fear,
How you shivered in the white shade of marble statues,
When you bled grain upon the corpses of mother Earth,
I held you close to eliminate the fell chill,
I found your eyes with mine and knew it was that blest time,
"Count me among the Host of God when the moon is empty and the stars are blank,
Sing that sacred hymn of all heroic epochs,
Golden notes laced about bladed, red tones,
Tell the tales of torrents of terror in terrible tragedy,
Travesties of devestating maladies in mournful music,
Lift your voice, angel-woman, lift your voice,
Racing from your throat, hopes of heavenly victory,
Spilling over your lips, warnings of unhallowed treachery,
Lift your voice, black angel."

Requiem of a Blue Jay


Order your coffee and pull up a chair,
This is where you'll find me, here,
I've got a story of gore to share,
But, first, you're going to play my game.

Refrain, restrain, regain,
Again, again, again,
Requiem of a blue jay sung, today,
"Is this the only way?
Is this how to play?
Is this where I'll stay?"

Don't burn your lips, honey,
It's a putrid mixture we make, together,
This is what you'll do forever,
Stop crying out to the skies for your saviour.

Refrain, regain, remain,
Again, again, again,
Requiem for a blue jay sung, today,
"When will it end?
What must I do to mend?
What is your demand?"

Wicked wishes, dirty dishes,
Over a plate of cooked flesh,
Make your query,
Mark your quarry,
Write your story,
Fight for your own glory,
Next morning,
Enter the foray,
One step toward,
The final day.

Refrain.

Coffeeshop Romancer


Found myself on the wrong track,
again,
my brain's all wracked,
my nerves are shot.

What it comes down to,
plain and simple,
is you're a bitch,
but I'm a damn bastard.

One more cup o' coffee,
I'll shoot myself in the foot for the sake of humour,
but I won't blast myself in the face for the sake of humanity,
one more cup o' coffee with creamer.

Show me what you've got,
let us proceed with the plan,
we're going to kick out the jams,
but you're not ready for my kind of man.

Awake at all hours,
burning down all the towers,
here's a bouquet of flowers snatched from the cemetary,
beyond and above to all to all to all for that we fall, fall, fall.

One more cup o' coffee,
hot to the tongue,
like your breath right before we kiss,
but I ain't never known love that I could trust.

Reaching for my revolver,
where's your dowry, honey,
I married a devil,
Her father's due up quite the inheritance.