/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ */

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Parting Theme

Failure by nature, put through too soon,
Check to see to be free to be me,
All too little, too soon,
Too frivolous, blow it all away,
Too low to say to play to make hay,
No fun to be had, no life to be taken,

Me to a tee, lean on me then split me in two,
One part lover, one part monster,
Eyes red squint in the dark while blue on the surface wink hello,
Lucid insanity intricately etched in my mind,
Take my hand, take my soul,
Take everything about me you think you know,
Chalk it up to the Fates,
Give it away to the Furies,
Make it superfluous, make it superstitious,
Break me in half, leave me to the Wolves,
Love to learn to like to live to lose,

That's me to a tee, one man born under the Pisces,
Smiling as the water encroachs the tip of my head,
Drowning in the world of red wine and bread,
Left to swim for my own safety,
No buouy to mark the depths of this deathless time,
Ships drift North as the light burns West,
And the House points East from day to night,
Nobody to see me, my bloated body left afloat,
Eyes to the stars, smile at the Hells.

Nine to five, the Heavens of my mind,
Ripe to pick, the Fruit of my life,
Pear too square to dare to fare thee well,
And that Apple rolls downhill, again,
I will share my cares to all with ears,
I will break my meals to all with stomachs,
Dine with me, sit on the knoll in my Eden,
Green and splendid, dive right in, darling,
There's no time for seconds, no line for breakfast,
Sustenance in succulence of subterfuge by substantiality,
So coporeal to feel to deal in flesh and bone,
Sustained to refrain to disdain in plain old lameness,
One leg, two arms, five fingers, seven days,
One week to teach to reach to ditch the humanities,
No decadance in lilac perfectness, here, dear,
Quell your rosy smell and plant your bottom down,
I know the eyes, I know the twitching signs,
I know you all too well to fail to know to flee,
But I'll stay for one last ninth Hour,
Till that grain falls into the golden, ample plain,

Join thine brethren, children, lost in forever.
Join me in the arms of illicit explicit content,
Subtle overtitude sprinkled over congruent heterogeneous mixture,
Soft stone scuplted into supple rigidosity,
Fare well to the departing newcomers,
Fare well to the arriving escapees,
My fine line between to pine and to find,
My swelled well full of holy tears and angelic blood,
Twice removed to thrice replace four little crimes,
Twice rejoined to thrice splice four little scars,
See it in my eyes, see it in my eyes,
See in fly by, see it fly by,
The patron saint of Senor Salvador,
The muse of Billy Faulkner,
Devil of Poe,
God of Michelangelo,
Adios, cruel sanity.