/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ */

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Nighttime Melancholy Insanity

      Another lonesome night,
Spent up in the wastes of humankind,
      I crawl up to the moon and sigh,
There's little left to lose when you're all alone.

      The jagged loneliness has grown,
Another night of sin for which to atone,
      Worn out in the shadow of my gravestone,
No love is invulnerable to the weight of loss.

      The truth does not hide its ugliness,
A world full of meaningful nothingness and regrets,
      What was once holy is now rotten secrets,
I've lost my fragile senses of goodliness and wronging.

      Where you tread cautiously,
The moon cuts it viciously askew,
      The warm blue light of night anew,
Replaced by a yellow burning ferocity.

      I want to hold,
A piece of time,
      Leafed in gold,
In this heart of mine.

      I want to know,
You will stay,
      Where it glows,
And I shall see.

      I will pray,
For redemption,
      For recollection,
Madness cured.

      Another lonesome night,
Used up in the bowels of wretchedness,
      I lay on my empty bed of lies,
There's little left to know when you're long lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home