/* ------------------------------------------------------------------------ */

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

I Can Think Of No Possible Way to Incorporate "Ossify" Into This Title: So There

In lieu of actual content this Wednesday, I will instead deliver upon you, the readers, a treatment of ten hyperlinks (that's right, these links are hyper -- in your face). A lot of these links are brought to you by my roommate, because he introduced me to them and his soul is constructed from the blackest, darkest, vilest fibres of creation -- mostly the former, but the latter never hurts. I will now present them to you, in no particular order . . . Wait, how about in reverse alphanumerical order? Nothing can stop me, now.

10. 665 - I've endorsed this site before, and I will endorse it, again, just in case anyone forgot it existed. Go, read it, and enjoy the six hundred and sixty five entries of goodness.

8. Book of Ratings - For those times when you've thought to yourself, "Hey, if I were to grade the most mundane things in the world, but in a comical fashion that entertains for hours, what would it look like?" This, my friend, is what it would look like.

4. Home Despot - So, there's this 40-year-old ex-punk who moved to Tokyo, Japan and put up a website about the various subcultures there, and, also, his rants on various subjects. Crazy!

9. BloopWatch - In tribute to Lovecraft's writing, these people observe the news and point out stories that are of the more strange and bizarre fair: the type that can be likened to H.P. Lovecraft's fictional mythos, to be precise. Madness!

7. Studio Shinnyo - I don't know why I feel obliged to pimp out this old haunt of mine, but I do. This is the homepage of a fan-fiction writer who also hosts a place for Manifestos, which boil down to ranting and raving. Can't say, "no," to ranting and raving.

6. Satan Stole My Teddybear (Plus Others) - S.S.M.T. is a wonderful review site for bands that you may or may not have ever heard of, before. They tend to focus on metal (death, black, progressive, et cetera), but do cover other genres. The other websites on the index page this link takes you to are worth poking, too.

5. IMdb - The International Movie Database: I use it all the time, for any such occasion wherein I feel the need to know about an actor, director, writer, producer, or movie. It's very handy, and I'm sometimes surprised that people don't know about it. Go, go forth, my children, and use this tool for good, not evil (or evil, really it doesn't matter to me).

3. Get Your War On - A comic strip about politics, specifically the "War on Terror," and everything related. Harsh, and funny as fuck, if fuck were to be classified as funny.

1. ABA Games - Don't mind the Japanese on the website, and just click on the pictures to get the games (look for links to zip files). Tycho Brahe (PA) is playing these games, why aren't you?

2. Addicted_425 - This final link isn't here so much for happiness or . . . Well, good things. Go here if you feel the need to fuel your undying hatred of humanity -- to be quite honest, there's little reason else to go here. This girl's journal will make you laugh and cry, but always in pain.

Adios.